Masai Mara Photo Safari
Masai Mara National Reserve
Kenya, East Africa
Your professional CNP Photo guide will be with you every step of the way making sure you get the best possible photographic results.
Birds of Prey
BOOK YOUR MASAI MARA PHOTO SAFARI
|February 2020||June 2020|
|08 – 16 February (8 Nights) Predator Season||10-16 June (6 Nights)Predator Season|
|12 – 20 August (8 Nights) Migration Crossing Season|
MASAI MARA INFORMATION
Two vehicles of ideal height, size and suspension, one accommodating only 5 photographers and the second only 2 to 3 photographers, feature custom-built chairs that can swivel 360 degrees to suit any directional whim. And these are not just seats. They are luxurious, high-backed accommodations that have been moulded and upholstered to provide maximum body comfort. They come equipped with sophisticated controls for every possible positional adjustment, including gas-assisted height determinations and maneuverable camera supports featuring professional Wimberley heads. With only three photographers sharing the space in the vehicle, this is Business-Class-in-the-bush at its best!
Secondly, there are enough fridge facilities on board to keep food and drinks at the desired temperatures, while a bank of 220v plug points allows photographers to charge camera and laptop batteries in the field. This means that if an abundance of opportunities dictates, we are able to stay out shooting quite comfortably all day without returning to base.
But therein lies our third important facility, the location of our Lodge. In the past, many photographers have missed crucial Wildebeest crossings of the Mara River because of haphazard lodge-hopping itineraries. CNP has entered into a co-operative agreement with a company called “&Beyond”. They are acknowledged as Africa’s safari-market leaders. We are confident that our clients will eat and sleep exceptionally well while staying at their Kichwa Temba Lodge. It is conveniently situated in a private concessionary area of the Mara close to the best viewing point for monitoring Wildebeest crossings of the Mara River. At the same time we have immediate and unfettered access to the vast numbers and varieties of game that make the rest of the Masai Mara one of the most abundant reservoirs of wildlife on earth.
The fourth dimension of excellence complementing our CNP Photographic Safari lies in the extensive professional expertise we are able to offer photographers and the equipment we are able to lend our clients free of charge. Not everyone owns or wants to carry around top-of-the-range Nikon cameras with the appropriate Nikon telephoto lenses. With this in mind, we carry a range of the latest cameras, lenses and converters with us, making these available to our clients so that they can return home with pictures they would otherwise never have dreamt of taking. That is why our crew, fully trained in all the technical features of photographic and processing equipment, is on constant standby to observe and advise. Their knowledge even extends to brands outside of the Nikon family. But that is not all.
The essence of taking good animal pictures lies in an acute perception and understanding of animal behaviour. That we have in abundance. Having spent years in the field capturing some of the rarest moments ever witnessed in the animal kingdom, we are confident that our clients in the Mara will not miss any opportunity to produce world-class photographic memories. Join us for your photographic adventure of a lifetime!
- Full board accommodation at world class &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp (excl. premium drinks)
- Transfer between Nairobi and the Masai Mara
- Two photographic safaris daily on CNP Safaris specialist photographic vehicle
- Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks during each safari
- Park and vehicle fees
- Guidance from a professional CNP Guide
- Free Nikon professional cameras and lenses available on request
- International flights to Nairobi
- Fees for passport, visa, immunisations and insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Premium drinks
- The annual migrations is one of the “7 Wonders of the Modern World”, which is made up of approximately 1.5 million Wildebeest, 350 000 Zebra and 200 000 Antelope
- Boasts over 450 various species of birds, which includes 57 birds of prey
- One of the highest lion densities in the world
- One of the world’s unfenced game reserves, which means that you are witnessing animals in their most natural state