Leopards & Shepherds of Bera Photo Safari
Exclusive new safari desitination with CNP – 2021
Bera, Rajasthan, India
CNP Safaris, in its search for the foremost Leopard-photography destination, discovered one of the best-kept secrets of our planet. Bera, nested in the Aravalli mountain ranges of India, forms a beautiful and serene backdrop to the world’s most outstanding opportunities for leopard photography. The Bera/Jawai Region comprises a terrain of mostly granite hills formed by ancient volcanic rocks. It is home to a vibrant population of approximately fifty leopards. It is a relatively small area blessed with an exceptional density of the iconic cats that live on a rocky terrain that was seemingly designed for photographers.
Remarkably these majestic cats thrive amongst the human settlements of the Bera since they are revered by the Rabari Tribe (The Shepherds), who inhabit the region. The Shephards traditionally cultivated the area for farming and grazing livestock, but have protected the leopards because of their cultural beliefs. The Leopards and Shepherds of Bera have become part of each other’s respective habitats, living side-by-side in harmony. This co-existence offers photographers unique opportunities to photograph culture and nature at one destination.
Bera Safari Lodge, founded by Shatrunjay Pratap – a passionate photographer, leopard-lover and ardent conservationist, offers the best leopard encounters in Rajasthan, India. This small but intimate lodge provides a 360-degree view of the fauna and flora at the edge of Liloda Hill and often leopards can be seen on the hills from one of the five private cottages. Bera Safari Lodge truly offers an authentic experience with exclusive services for leopard photography.
Join CNP Safaris on a big-cat photographic adventure that will live in your memory forever
The greatest density of Leopard in the world
Rocky granite landscape
150+ Bird species at Jawai Dam
BOOK YOUR LEOPARDS & SHEPHERDS PHOTO SAFARI
Our 7 night package is hosted at Bera Safari Lodge, located in the state of Rajasthan in Northern India.
Bera, Rajasthan – India
Characterised by granite rock formations, scattered with Anogeissus scrub, and rocky dry river beds
- Experience unrivalled Leopard photography with Lou Coetzer, in a small, exclusive group setting.
- The greatest density of Leopard, approx. 50, in the world.
- Highly photogenic rocky granite landscape.
- Photograph the Rabari herdsmen, an indigenous tribal caste of nomadic cattle and camel herders and shepherds
- 7 Nights – Full-board accommodation, including selected drinks (excluding red wine, white wine, and sparkling wine)
- Return road transfer between Bera Safari Lodge and Udaipur Airport
- Two exclusive safaris daily
- Trip to Jawai Bandh/Dam
- Daily guidance and photographic support from CNP Tour Leader
ACCOMMODATION & GENERAL HIGHLIGHTS:
- Boutique-like property with five charming, spacious and elegantly decorated cottages.
- Private use of Bera Safari Lodge
- Private leopard tracker / spotter.