Kgalagadi Photo Safari
One of the best wildlife destinations in Southern Africa, deep in the heart of the Kalahari desert #Kalahari #SouthAfrica #Lions #Dunes
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Kalahari, South Africa
Where the red dunes and scrub fade into infinity and herds of gemsbok, springbok, eland and blue wildebeest follow the seasons, where imposing camel thorn trees provide shade for huge black-mane lions and vantage points for leopard and many raptors… this is the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Kgalagadi hosts the black-maned Kalahari lions
East African Oryx
Also known as the beisa is a species of antelope from East Africa. It has two subspecies: the common beisa oryx (Oryx beisa beisa) found in steppe and semidesert throughout the Horn of Africa and north of the Tana River, and the fringe-eared oryx (Oryx beisa callotis) south of the Tana River in southern Kenya and parts of Tanzania
Red desert dunes, woodlands, savannah and grasslands
BOOK YOUR KGALAGADI PHOTO SAFARI
Our 8 day package is hosted at both the Rooiputs Lodge, approximately 25km north of Two Rivers, and the Polentswa Lodge, approximately 222km North of Two Rivers.
Characterised by red dunes and dry rivers, the wildlife includes migrating herds of wildebeest and springbok, as well as predators like raptors and black-maned Kalahari lions
Where the red dunes and scrub fade into infinity and herds of gemsbok, springbok, eland and blue wildebeest follow the seasons, where imposing camel thorn trees provide shade for huge black-mane lions and vantage points for leopard and many raptors…this is the Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park. Red sand dunes, sparse vegetation and the dry riverbeds of the Nossob and Auob show antelope and predator species off to spectacular advantage and provide excellent photographic opportunities. Kgalagadi is also a haven for bird photographers, especially those interested in birds of prey. Hosting you in the exclusive TaShebubu and Polentswa Lodges with exclusive use of their concession areas you are guaranteed the best photographic opportunities the Kgalagadi can offer.
- Transfers between Upington Airport and Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Full board accommodation at world class TaShebube Rooiputs/Polentswa Lodges (excl. drinks)
- Expert guidance from a CNP Guide
- Free use of professional photographic equipment
- Safaris daily in open safari vehicles fitted with special vehicle tripos and Wimberley heads
- Vehicle and park fees.
- Travel costs to Upington
- Fees for passport, visa, immunisations and insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- All drinks
- Exclusive use of concession areas
- Hundreds of mammal, bird and reptile species. Including the Black Maned Kalahari Lions
- Animals congregations at watering holes during the dry season, May to December
- A wide variety of vegetation: red desert dunes, woodlands, savannah and grasslands
Just some of the amazing photographs we captured while on our Kgalagadi Photographic Safari