Alaska Photo Safari
Prince William Sound
BOOK YOUR ALASKA PHOTO SAFARI
PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND
Prince William Sound is a wonderland of massive glaciers, dense spruce forests and abundant wildlife. Embark on a journey that retraces the path of early explorers Vitus Bering, Georg Wilhelm Steller, Captain James Cook and Captain George Vancouver.
These great explorers discovered Alaska in 1741, navigated these waters in search of the Northwest Passage, identified new species of animals; Steller Sea Lion, Steller Jay, Steller Eider and Steller Sea Eagle, and traded with the indigenous people. Professional narration is provided by U.S. Forest Service Rangers on every cruise with stories about these early explorers and their adventures along our cruise routes.
Lake Clark boasts an array of wildlife, most prominently brown bears. It includes the shores of the Cook Inlet, which is prime bear territory, the glaciated heights of the Chigmit Mountains and the Aleutian range, the twin volcanoes, Mount Iliamna and Mount Redoubt.
Once at our location in Lake Clarke we will be based at the exclusive Silver Salmon Creek Lodge. The bears can quite often be spotted from the deck of the lodge. We will be traveling on ATV’s with carts to our pristine shooting location and from there we will follow the bears by foot. We will be in the presence of experienced guides, who will make locating the bears both easy and enjoyable.
We will be able to see and photograph mother bears with their cubs feeding, foraging and playing about in the tundra surroundings. Just imagine standing in close range of a 500 kg+ male brown bear at eye level and taking images, an experience you will not soon forget and, we can do it all day, everyday with no concerns about safety or crowds of people. We will take a side trip to “Bird Island” where we will see and photograph Horned Puffins and other seabirds.
- All expert photography support
- Captain Cook Hotel accommodation (bed and breakfast)
- Land transport to Whittier for 26 Glacier Tour (lunch included)
- Return flights from Anchorage to Lake Clark
- Full board accommodation @ Silver Salmon Creek Lodge (excl. drinks)
- All international flights
- Fees for passport, visa, immunisations and insurance
- Airport pick up and drop off at Anchorage Airport
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Anchorage
- Any additional nights accommodation/meals/beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) outside of dates
- Laundry, phone calls and any other items of personal nature
- A D-SLR and a back up camera if you have one
- Lenses: 300mm, 400mm or 500mm + wide angle and 100-400mm or 70-200mm with a range converters (1.4x, 1.7x, 2.0x) will all be good for the trip
- NOTE: We now have extensive experience on all our safari destinations working with the Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens and we have decided that this very sharp, light weight super telephoto lens should be our go to lens to be in combination with shorter lenses for this trip
We recommend the following outerwear: long-sleeved shirt, jeans/slacks, warm hat & gloves, insulated boots, long underwear, Windbreaker or similar jacket, wool sweater or Fibrefill vest, winter coat and rain gear. Waterproof, knee-high boots will be supplied at the lodges where we will be staying.
We highly recommend travel insurance
Please contact us for itinerary information on our Alaskan Photo Safari